Introducing the First PRSSA Chapter
at St. Edward’s University
Who We Are on a National Level:
In 1968, 20 years after its own establishment, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) founded the Public Relations Student Society of America. The declared purpose of PRSSA is to cultivate a favorable and mutually advantageous relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners.
The Student Society Aims to Foster the Following:
• Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
• Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principle
• Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
• Appreciation of Associate Membership in PRSA and eventually accredited membership
Today The Public Relations Student Society of America has more than 9,600 members in 284 universities across the country.
(Courtesy of the PRSSA official website)
Who We Are on a Local Level:
Our chapter is comprised of approximately 20 official members who are mostly communication and marketing majors. We are all eager to know more about the wonderful and evolving field of public relations through our involvement in PRSSA, internships, fundraising, promotions, and class work.
Short Term Goals:
• Send at least one officer to the National Assembly
• Acquire local public relations professionals to speak at monthly meetings.
• Raise funds for a successful year.
Long Term Goals:
• Establish a strong group of dedicated members who will carry out our mission for future semesters.
• Establish a steady fund for the necessary expenses we may accrue and for future semesters.
• Establish a name for our chapter within the St. Edward’s community as well as the Austin community.
• Learn and contribute as much as possible to the field of public relations.
How YOU Can Help:
Donations can be given in any increment, large or small. Checks are made payable and mailed to St. Edward’s
St. Edward’s University
3001 South Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78704